The high-profile Christian film ‘Journey to Hell’ was released in the theatres on July 29, 2022. The film was initially released in a few select cities, but it will be expanded to cover all 50 states within the next ten months.
According to director Timothy Chey, this is quite possibly the most significant faith-based film ever made because it talks about a true Biblical hell. He also says that Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven.
The film is based on John Bunyan’s best-selling, highly acclaimed classic novel about a man who nearly drowns and dreams he goes to hell and wakes up a changed person for Jesus.
Here are some of the stellar reviews this phenomenal movie has received:
- At Epoch Times-sponsored advanced screenings, including Fox Studios, one attendee said that this film really woke him to the existence of hell that is not taught in his church.
- “I was going to do something bad, but I decided against it after watching this film,” another attendee said.
At the time when only half of American Christians believe the devil exists (according to a recent Barna poll), the movie ‘Journey to Hell‘ did an excellent job of depicting a man’s journey to a true Biblical hell.
The man in this movie discovers a real hell populated by real people such as Hitler, Nero, the Zodiac killer, and others. The film also brilliantly demonstrated how the Lord Jesus Christ can save anyone from the enemy’s harm and schemes.
According to Timothy Chey, the film ends on a strong uplifting note. He also claims that his version has a happier ending than Bunyan’s, but shows hell in all of its ugliness. He hopes that it makes people think of a literal hell.
Timothy Chey also wrote and directed high-profile Christian films such as,
- ‘Freedom,’ which is based on the early life of John Newton, the author of ‘Amazing Grace,’ 2.
- ‘Epic Journey,’ which took him to 29 countries
- ’20 Minutes,’ which was one of the only Christian films to screen at the Cannes Film Festival.